Viewing Device Information
To view device information, open the CMDB page and click Devices in the left panel. Expand Devices to see all of the subgroups belonging to it. Click Devices, or on one of its subgroups, to see the devices in the table associated with that group. The icons above the panel allow you to add, edit, and delete subgroups. System-defined subgroups cannot be deleted, but they can be edited. For more information on managing device groups, see Working with Device Groups.
The headings and numbers at the top of the page, such as above Routers, Firewall, Windows, and so on, represent the number of devices of that type that are active in FortiSIEM. Click the heading to see the devices associated with that device type.
The table on the right of the page displays a list of all of the devices known to FortiSIEM. The table contains columns such as the Device Name, IP address, Device Type, Status, and so on.
On the CMDB page you can do the following:
- Choose which columns to display by clicking the Choose columns icon. For more information, see Changing Display Columns.
- Create, edit, and delete devices by clicking the New, Edit, and Delete buttons. See Creating and Editing Devices for more information.
- Filter the list of devices by organization by opening the drop-down list to the right of the Delete button.
- Perform a variety of operations on a selected device by making a selection from the Actions drop-down list. For more information on the operations you can perform, see Performing Operations on Devices.
- Get more information about a device by clicking a device name and then clicking one of the buttons beneath the table: Summary, Properties, Monitor, Software, Hardware, Configuration, Relationships, and File. The information returned is described in the following table.
|Summary||Click Summary to return general information about the device such as the Name, Device Type, Importance, IP address, and so on. It also displays information regarding the device's health, what group it is a member of, and various statistics (such as Created, Last Discovered, Last Updated, and so on.|
|Properties||Click Properties to view general device location information.|
|Monitor||Click Monitor to return tables describing the Event Received Status and Monitor Status.|
Click Software and make a selection from the drop-down list: Installed Software, Running Applications, Windows Services, or Installed Patches to get more detailed information.
For Installed Software, you have the following options:
|Hardware||Click Hardware and make a selection from the drop-down list: Interfaces, Processes, Storage, SAN Storage, System BIOS, Components, or SAN Ports.|
Click Configuration to view the existing configuration files for your router device.
For Configuration, you have the following options:
|Relationships||Click Relationships to return the device's Node Name, Access IP, Version, Device Type, and Description.|
Click File to view any version or content files from your Windows/Linux agent devices.
You have the following options: