Configuring the Fortinet Security Fabric
This section contains information about how to configure a Fortinet Security Fabric:
- Forming the Security Fabric
- Setting up data collection with FortiAnalyzer
- Adding a FortiSandbox to the Security Fabric
- Adding a FortiManager to the Security Fabric
- Adding FortiClient EMS to the Security Fabric
To set up the Security Fabric in FortiOS 6.0, the devices that you want to include in the Security Fabric must meet the Product Integration and Support requirements in the FortiOS Release Notes.
Some features of the Security Fabric are available only in certain firmware versions and models. Not all FortiGate models can run the FortiGuard Security Rating Service if they are the root FortiGate in a Security Fabric. For more information, see the Special Notices in the FortiOS Release Notes.
For more information about upgrading the Security Fabric to version 6.0, see the Fortinet Security Fabric Upgrade guide.
- Determine which devices you want to have in the Security Fabric.
- Ensure devices meet the Configuring the Fortinet Security Fabric
- If devices are not already installed in your network, complete basic installation and configuration tasks by following the instructions in the device documentation.
- Disable virtual domains (VDOMs) on all FortiGate devices that you want to add to the Security Fabric.
- Configure all FortiGate devices that you want to add to the Security Fabric to use NAT mode.