FortiClient EMS - Enterprise Management Server
FortiClient Enterprise Management Server (FortiClient EMS) is a security management solution that enables scalable and centralized management of multiple endpoints (computers). FortiClient EMS provides efficient and effective administration of endpoints running FortiClient. It provides visibility across the network to securely share information and assign security profiles to endpoints. It is designed to maximize operational efficiency and includes automated capabilities for device management and troubleshooting.
FortiClient EMS is designed to meet the needs of small to large enterprises that deploy FortiClient on endpoints. Benefits of deploying FortiClient EMS include:
- Remotely deploying FortiClient software to Windows PCs.
- Updating profiles for endpoint users regardless of access location, such as administering antivirus, web filtering, VPN, and signature updates.
- Administering FortiClient endpoint registrations, such as accepting, deregistering, and blocking registrations.
- Managing endpoints, such as status, system, and signature information.
- Identifying outdated versions of FortiClient software.
You must ensure that required ports and services are enabled for use by FortiClient EMS and its associated applications on your server. The required ports and services enable FortiClient EMS to communicate with clients and servers running associated applications.
|FortiClient endpoint registration||File transfers||TCP||8013 (default)|
|Computer browser service||Enabled|
Samba (SMB) service
Distributed Computing Environment / Remote Procedure Calls (DCE- RPC)
|Active Directory server connection||When used as a default connection||389|
|Internet Information Services (IIS)||HTTPS||TCP||443, 10443|
For more infomation about FortiClient EMS, including other requirements, installation, and management, see the FortiClient EMS - Administration Guide.