Firmware images for all FortiGate units is available on the Fortinet Customer Support website, https://support.fortinet.com.
To download firmware
- Log into the site using your user name and password.
- Go to Download > Firmware Images.
- A list of Release Notes is shown. If you have not already done so, download and review the Release Notes for the firmware you wish to upgrade your FortiGate unit to.
- Select HTTPS Download.
|Firmware can also be downloaded using FTP; however, as FTP is not an encrypted file transferring protocol, HTTPS downloading is recommended.|
- Navigate to find the folder for the firmware version you wish to use.
- Select your FortiGate model from the list. If your unit is a FortiWiFi, be sure to get the appropriate firmware, which will have a filename starting with FWF.
- Save the firmware image to your computer.