Custom Application & IPS Signatures
Creating a custom IPS signature
The FortiGate predefined signatures cover common attacks. If you use an unusual or specialized application or an uncommon platform, add custom signatures based on the security alerts released by the application and platform vendors.
You can add or edit custom signatures using the web-based manager or the CLI.
To create a custom signature
- Go to Security Profiles > Intrusion Protection.
- Select [View IPS Signatures]
- Select Creat New to add a new custom signature.
- Enter a Name for the custom signature.
- Enter the Signature. For information about completing this field, see “Custom signature syntax and keywords”.
- Select OK.
All custom signatures follow a particular syntax. Each begins with a header and is followed by one or more keywords. The syntax and keywords are detailed in the next two topics.