A Universally Unique Identified (UUID) attribute has been added to some firewall objects, so that the logs can record these UUID to be used by a FortiManager or FortiAnalyzer unit. The objects currently include:
- Addresses, both IPv4 and IPv6
- Address Groups, both IPv4 and IPv6
- Virtual IPs, both IPv4 and IPv6
- Virtual IP groups, both IPv4 and IPv6
- Policies, IPv4,IPv6 and IP64
A UUID is a 16-octet (128-bit) number that is represented by 32 lowercase hexidecimal digits. The digits are displayed in five groups separated by hyphens (-). The pattern is 8-4-4-4-12; 36 digits if you include the hyphens.
|Note: UUID is only supported on large-partition platforms (>=128M)|