When vulnerabilities are discovered in software, the software vendors release updates that fix these problems. Keeping your software and operating system up-to-date is a vital step to prevent infection and defend against attacks.
- Follow the latest advisories and reports on the FortiGuard webpage.
- Apply updates to all software as the updates become available.
- FortiGuard Vulnerability Management can help identify security weaknesses in your network. This subscription service is available through FortiScan and FortiAnalyzer units.
- Apply firmware updates to your FortiGate unit as they are released.
- Subscribe to FortiGuard AntiVirus and IPS services, so that AntiVirus and IPS scanning engines are automatically updated when new version are released.