The FortiOS dashboard provides a location to view real-time system information. By default, the dashboard displays the key statistics of the FortiGate unit itself, providing the memory and CPU status, as well as the health of the ports, whether they are up or down and their throughput.
The FortiOS 5.6 Dashboard has a new layout with a Network Operations Center (NOC) view with a focus on alerts. Widgets are interactive; by clicking or hovering over most widgets, the user can get additional information or follow links to other pages.
Enhancements to the GUI dashboard and its widgets are:
- Multiple dashboard support.
- VDOM and global dashboards.
- Updated resize control for widgets.
- Notifications moved to the top header bar (moved existing dashboard notifications to the header and added additional ones).
- Reorganization of Add Widget dialog.
- New Host Scan Summary widget.
- New Vulnerabilities Summary widget that displays endpoint vulnerability information much like the FortiClient Enterprise Management Server (EMS) summary.
- Multiple bug fixes.
Features that were only visible through old dashboard widgets have been placed elsewhere in the GUI:
- Restore configuration.
- Configuration revisions.
- Firmware management.
- Enabling / disabling VDOMs.
- Changing inspection mode.
- Changing operation mode.
- Shutdown / restart device.
- Changing hostname.
- Changing system time.
The following widgets are displayed by default:
- System Information
- Security Fabric
- Virtual Machine (on VMs and new to FortiOS 5.6.1)
The following optional widgets are available:
- Interface Bandwidth
- Disk Usage
- Security Fabric Risk
- Advanced Threat Protection Statistics
- Log Rate
- Session Rate
- Sensor Information
- HA Status
- Host Scan Summary
- Vulnerabilities Summary
- FortiView (new to FortiOS 5.6.1)
The following widgets have been removed:
- CLI Console
- Unit Operation
- Alert Message Console
FortiGuard WAN IP blacklist service is now online
The Fortiguard WAN IP blacklist service was not online in FortiOS 5.6.0. In FortiOS 5.6.1, a notification appears on the Dashboard when WAN IP is blacklisted. Clicking on the notification (bell icon) brings up the blacklist details.
Hovering over the Licenses widget will cause status information (and, where applicable, database information) on the licenses to be displayed for FortiCare Support, IPS & Application Control, AntiVirus, Web Filtering, Mobile Malware, and FortiClient. The image below shows FortiCare Support information along with the registrant's company name and industry.
Clicking in the Licenses widget will provide you with links to other pages, such as System > FortiGuard or contract renewal pages.
This widget displays FortiCloud status and provides a link to activate FortiCloud.
The Security Fabric widget is documented in the Security Fabric section of the What's New document.
This widget allows you to view which administrators are logged in and how many sessions are active. The link directs you to a page displaying active administrator sessions.
The real-time CPU usage is displayed for different timeframes.
Real-time memory usage is displayed for different time frames. Hovering over any point on the graph displays percentage of memory used along with a timestamp.
FortiOS 5.6.1 introduces a VM widget with these features:
- License status and type.
- CPU allocation usage.
- License RAM usage.
- VMX license information (if the VM supports VMX).
- If the VM license specifies 'unlimited' the progress bar is blank.
- If the VM is in evaluation mode, it is yellow (warning style) and the dashboard show evaluation days used.
- Widget is shown by default in the dashboard of a FortiOS VM device.
- Removed VM information from License widget at Global > Dashboard.
- License info and Upload License button provided on page Global > System > FortiGuard.
- Updated 'Upload VM License' page:
- Added license RAM usage and VMX instance usage.
- Replaced file input component.