Feature Select is used to control which features are visible in the GUI. This allows you to hide features that are not being used. Some features are also disabled by default and must be enabled in order to configure them through the GUI.
Feature Select only alters the visibility of these features, rather than their functionality. For example, disabling web filtering using Feature Select does not remove web filtering from the FortiGate, but removes the option of configuring web filtering from the GUI (configuration options will still be available using the CLI).
Enabling / disabling features
Feature Select can be found at System > Feature Select. Once you have accessed Feature Select, ensure all features you wish to use are turned on, and that features you wish to hide are turned off. When you have finished, select Apply.
Security Features Presets
The main Security Features can be turned off individually or the five system presets can be used:
- Full UTM should be chosen for networks that require full protection from FortiOS. UTM is the default setting.
- UTM should be chosen for networks that require protection from external threats and wish to use security features that control network usage.
- WF should be chosen for networks that require web filtering.
- ATP should be chosen for networks that require protection from viruses and other external threats.
- NGFW should be chosen for networks that require application control and protection from external attacks.
- NGFW + ATP should be chosen for networks that require protection from external threats and attacks.