The Setup Wizard helps to quickly configure your FortiGate to allow Internet access and remote access. The wizard can be launched from the GUI by selecting the button, located in the top right corner. You can also get to the Setup Wizard through FortiExplorer which can be downloaded for either Windows or Mac OS at www.fortinet.com.
Using the Setup Wizard
|The Setup Wizard is intended to be used for initial setup. If it is used on a previously configured FortiGate, it replaces parts of the configuration, including existing firewall policies.|
- Connect to the FortiGate using FortiExplorer. It is recommended to view FortiExplorer in fullscreen mode because some options may not be visible otherwise.
- Select your FortiGate, then select Setup Wizard.
- Login using an admin account (the default admin account has the username
adminand no password).
- Select Change Password to set a new password for the admin account. Select Next.
- Select the appropriate time zone. Select Next.
- Fill in the appropriate information about your Internet WAN Connection. Select Next.
- Enter an IP Address and Netmask for your LAN. If necessary, enable DHCP and select a Start and End Address. Select Next.
- Select the schedule for when Internet access should be allowed. Select Next.
- Select the appropriate options for your Internet Access Policy, including NAT options and Unified Threat Management. Select Next.
- If necessary, configure options to allow Remote VPN Access using either an SSL VPN or an IPsec VPN. Select Next.
- A summary screen will appear. If the configuration shown is correct, select Configure.
- (Optional) If you wish to activate a FortiCloud account, select Next and enter your information (for more information about FortiCloud, see the FortiCloud FAQ). Otherwise, select Done.
Your configuration has now been set up on the FortiGate allowing users on the LAN to have Internet access.