This document describes how FortiOS is compliant with Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS).
Before you begin using this guide, please ensure that:
- You have administrative access to the web-based manager and/or CLI.
- The FortiGate unit is integrated into your network.
- The operation mode has been configured.
- The system time, DNS settings, administrator password, and network interfaces have been configured.
- Firmware, FortiGuard Antivirus and FortiGuard Antispam updates are completed.
- FortiGuard Analysis & Management Service is properly configured.
While using the instructions in this guide, note that administrators are assumed to be super_admin administrators unless otherwise specified. Some restrictions will apply to other administrators.
This FortiOS Handbook chapter contains the following sections:
Configuring FortiGate units for PCI DSS compliance explains the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS). It provides information about configuring your network and FortiGate unit to help you comply with PCI DSS requirements.